Month: May 2022
OneSource Center for Nonprofit Excellence provides services, products, and connections to help nonprofit organizations throughout the Greater Cincinnati Community to be more productive and effective. OneSource Center accomplishes its mission through training, coaching, consulting, and other projects and initiatives.
As a positive contributor to our multicultural community, OneSource Center embraces Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. It acknowledges the pain felt among people of color across the nation in response to historically-rooted social injustices. In addition, it reaffirms a desire for change that bolsters the dignity of each individual and the chance for a better tomorrow for all.
OneSource Center’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion objective is to create, nurture, and sustain an inclusive culture where differences leverage the talents of clients, staff, volunteers, and the nonprofit community by embedding multicultural awareness and advocacy in all services and opportunities that OneSource Center offers. Additionally, OneSource Center recognizes the under-representation of people of color among the leadership in the nonprofit sector. In response to our objective and recognition of the current state, OneSource Center has established the OneSource Center Emerging Leader Award, which will provide a full scholarship for the award honoree to participate in the EXCEL leadership development program, including 1 year of executive coaching.
EXCEL, which is offered by the Nonprofit Leadership Institute of Cincinnati (NLIGC) is a nine-month leadership development and skills training program for nonprofit executive directors and high-level managers. EXCEL is designed to enrich the management capabilities of those individuals leading or preparing to lead nonprofit organizations in the Greater Cincinnati region.
Eligibility Criteria for OneSource Center’s Emerging Leader Award:
- Be a management level employee who has the potential for advancing to more challenging leadership roles (e.g. with a larger agency).
- Have obtained an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or higher level of education.
- Have demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Is perceived by the nominator as having emerging skills and talents to advance to a higher level of leadership.
- Be a person in our multicultural community of a race that is under-represented in nonprofit leadership.
- Nomination deadline is July 15, 2022.
- A selection panel consisting of 4-6 members will review nominations and select the recipient for the award. The honoree will be identified by July 25, 2022 and must complete the required EXCEL program application by August 5, 2022.
- The selected recipient must meet EXCEL enrollment criteria including a commitment to attend each of the 10 full-day sessions (See complete enrollment criteria here.)