The Deaconess Foundation is accepting requests for proposals for its “Improving Access to Behavioral Health Services” grant. The grant is designed to give access to behavioral health for the underserved and at-risk populations. Request may include new services or enhancement of current services in the areas of mental health and substance abuse disorder. Grants will be made to organizations with efforts based in Boone, Butler, Campbell, Clermont, Dearborn, Hamilton, Kenton and Warren Counties. Deadline for proposals is Thursday, November 19, 2020.
Month: October 2020
The United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) is holding a Virtual Product Drive that provides links to member agency needs through Amazon. If you are an agency wanting to be involved in this type of product drive program, UWGC directs agencies to complete the UWGC Volunteer Needs Survey so your agency’s needs can be documented. (There is a question related to product needs in the survey, and the responses help UWGC design different initiatives and recipients.) UWGC says additional agencies will be added to the Virtual Product Drive as agencies need to complete the survey.
One year ago, who could have anticipated the rapidly evolving business climate that today’s nonprofit leaders would be asked to navigate? The training of adaptable, agile, confident nonprofit leaders has never been more important than it is today. OneSource Center’s consultants, in partnership with Tabert House, continue to be key players in program direction and training of the NLIGC (Nonprofit Leadership Institution of Greater Cincinnati) EXCEL Leader Development Program, and recently welcomed the 15th class into its ranks
The EXCEL program is tailored to fit leaders’ changing needs in team development and management skills. Each student in the program is assigned a coach, and the pair meet monthly to discuss class topics and issues the nonprofit leader is handling. This one-onone coaching portion of the EXCEL program is often described as the “icing on the cake.” To learn more about this program described as “career enhancing and inspirational” visit here.
Congratulations to participants in the 2020-21 NLIGC EXCEL class:
- Terri Burch, 4C for Children
- Susan Casey-Leininger, Village Life Outreach
- Project Mikella Chrisman, New Foundations Community Housing
- Mollie Flynn, Talbert House
- Linette Fout, Lighthouse Youth and Family Services
- Sandra George, NorthKey Community
- Care Darlene Guess, Tender Mercies
- Dara Gullette, Alternatives to Violence Center
- Henry Hane, Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati
- Sue Hare, iSpace
- Wally Hart, Music Resource Center
- Trina Jackson, Hamilton County Office of Reentry
- Amanda Jenkins, Community Action Agency
- Sandra Jones Mitchell, Serving Older Adults Through Changing Times
- Angela King, Freestore Foodbank
- Dami Okunade, United Way of Greater Cincinnati
- Kelly Rose, Welcome House Northern Kentucky, Inc.
- Katie Shipp, Phi Delta Theta Foundation
- Mindy Sponseller, Mental Health America of NKY @SWOH
- Rex Stewart, Talbert House
- Verlene Steward, CBI Middletown, Inc.
- Tiffany Thomas, Talbert House
- Dameta Wright, Health Care Access Now (HCAN).
Lots of smiles were shared as hundreds of nonprofit leaders (and their families) were thanked for front-line service to our region at OneSource Center’s “A Circus with a Purpose” event on Sunday, October 25, 2020. Featured acts included the Cincinnati Circus, the Syrian Shrine Clowns, the “Polished Brass” Quintet, Cincinnati Reds’ Rosie Red, the Cincinnati Fire Museum, and additional circus treats. Goodie bags, popcorn, United Dairy Farmers ice cream and laughter were also shared by all. Join us for a video overview of the event’s highlights.
OneSource Center Community Partner and
Founder’s Award Honoree Presentations
OneSource Center Community Partner and Founder’s Award Winner bio are viewable in the “A Circus with a Purpose” Virtual Event Program.
Special thanks to all our sponsors, donors and volunteers
Special thanks to all our sponsors, donors and volunteers who made the event possible and support our belief that nonprofits are vital to a thriving community! Sponsors to the event included:
Juggling Act Sponsors
BKD CPAs and Advisors
DCA CPAs, LLC
McCloy Family Foundation
North American Properties
Ohio National Financial Services
Peck Hannaford & Briggs