It’s All About the Money: A Legal Perspective on Fundraising
September 1, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Fundraising is vital to the success of most nonprofits, and many organizations are turning to creative ideas for generating income. But even the best intentions can run afoul of the law, so it is critical that public charities understand the basic rules and best practices for their fundraising activities. This seminar is designed to provide a legal perspective on common development initiatives. Participants will receive an assessment to help issue-spot areas of risk around their organization’s fundraising activities.
Topics covered include:
- Charitable solicitation registration and commercial co-ventures
- Managing risk with volunteer fundraising
- IRS donation acknowledgements and gift acceptance policies
- Unrelated business income
- Basic considerations for creative fundraising, including gaming and crowdfunding
Speaker: Barkha D. Patel, Esq., Director of Education and Senior Counsel – Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio
More information here.