Much like households, nonprofits need proper planning and oversight to run smoothly. Establishing best practices and policies will help avoid the kinds of problems that are costly to fix down the road. This seminar will provide an essential toolkit for maintaining good governance and managing risk in areas specific to 501(c)(3) public charities and will include a self-assessment for your organization.
Attendees will learn to address concerns such as:
- Understanding the legal duties of directors and officers
- Determining executive compensation
- Staying compliant with state and federal laws, including the Form 990
- Dealing with conflicts of interest
- Engaging in lobbying or political campaign activity
Speaker: Erin C. Childs, Esq., Executive Director – Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio
More information here.